Etsy

Saturday 8 August 2015

Things You Didn't Know You Didn't Need To Know postcards on Etsy!



This is a pack of 4 A6 (105mm X 148mm) postcards.
$4.00 AUD
There's two stories behind these, and while they sound contradictory, don't let that put you off.

1) After getting locked in a second hand notebook shop one night, I found a hidden stack of hand-written notes by an unknown author, containing lists of world records and odd occurrences which had, for innumerable and mysterious reasons, gone unrecorded. A member of some kind of secret society? A disgruntled Guinness employee? Who knows, but it got me started off researching these amazing and baffling true facts, which I have documented, and tried to spread awareness of.

Or;

2) I was REALLY bored working an office job, and started making up fake world records to amuse myself - weird in the right way (because, let's face it, a lot of world records are set by... unusual people), mundane in others. Then, I made up a fake backstory for my fake world records.
These are all written by me, with images sourced from the public domain.

The records and events in this set are:

The record for the largest number of times a kangaroo has lapped an inflatable Kit-Kat;
The largest nasal mucus bubble;
The quickest ever holy crusade;
The highest number of accents in a minute.
©2015 James Mathurin

No comments: